If you love KFC popcorn chicken, then you’ll definitely love our version more. This guilt-free, gluten-free recipe is bursting with flavour and is sure to be a favourite with everyone in your household. A brilliant meal prep idea for busy professionals. You can make a big batch and eat it throughout the week. When I was single, I used to make a big bowl of quinoa with veggies and serve that with popcorn chicken. By doing that I had several lunch days sorted and had zero guilt. It was so tasty that I wished I could go for seconds. This recipe is also perfect for busy mums and dads searching for kids’ lunch box ideas. See serving suggestions below for more details.
Serves 4 people
Cooking time: 30 minutes (approx.)
- 6 pieces or 900g of chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tbs of sweet paprika
- 1 tbs of curry powder
- 2 tsp of minced garlic paste
- ½ of ginger paste
- 2 tsp of sea salt (or to your liking)
- 1 tsp of olive oil (for mixing)
- 3 tbs of olive oil (for pan frying)
- Cut thigh fillets into small pieces (cubes of 1” diameter).
- Add paprika, curry powder, garlic paste, ginger paste, sea salt and olive oil onto chicken pieces.
- Rub the chicken with all the ingredients until everything is mixed well.
- Leave the marination for 10 minutes.
- Heat 3 tbs of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add chicken cubes in batches and fry until they turn golden brown.
- As a snack or entrée
- Good in kiddies’ lunch boxes
- Add to stir fries
- As a topping for pizza. Recipe here!
- Use in tacos with veggies
- Mixed with fried rice
- Use on skewers
- Mixed in with quinoa and veggies