This recipe is gluten-free and a great way to make cauliflower tasty! I adapted it from a traditional potato gratin recipe so the amounts are approximate. To make it dairy-free, omit the cheese and swap cream for coconut cream. My partner loved the cauliflower gratin so much, it was the first time he went back for seconds of cauliflower! A great recipe to eat more vegetables. I used the oven as well as the grill to fasten up cooking time so use your own discretion when cooking. Hope you like it!
- ½- ¾ head of cauliflower (800g approx.), cut into florets
- 3 onions
- olive oil
- 1 chicken stock cube or 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- ½ bunch of fresh sage
- 100ml of pouring cream or coconut cream
- Parmesan cheese to grate on top
- 4 chicken thighs
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Your choice of greens eg leeks, baby spinach or peas
- Preheat grill to high.
- Place the cauliflower florets into a saucepan with boiling water and cook for a few minutes with a lid on. This is to fasten up the cooking process. They should not be cooked through.
- Slice onions finely and place in a roasting tray. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle the stock powder over, season with sea salt and pepper and tear sage leaves over the top. Stir to combine.
- On a large sheet of baking paper, bash the chicken to flatten it and toss with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Fry chicken in oil, turning halfway to brown both sides until cooked through.
- Drain the cauliflower well, add to roasting pan and stir into onions, spreading into a flat layer.
- Pour over the cream, finely grate over parmesan, and place under the grill until cooked, stirring regularly.
- Saute greens in oil. Serve with the chicken and gratin.