This is a delicious and healthy pizza alternative, much better than the regular carbs and fat-filled pizza as you won’t regret eating it! If you like to eat pizza why not try this healthier version? It’s paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free. It’s great for kids. Most cauliflower pizza recipes contain cheese but this one doesn’t and it still tastes great and holds together well like regular pizza. I like to top with vegetables to make it as healthy as possible. You can add any toppings you like and a bit of cheese to make it tastier. It’s a little bit of effort but well worth it. Hope you like it!
- 3 tablespoons quinoa or amaranth
- ¼ small cauliflower (about 250 grams)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- Organic tomato paste or pesto
- Roasted sweet potato or pumpkin
- Homemade popcorn chicken (recipe coming soon)
- Onion rings, sliced (I like to precook mine)
- Baby spinach leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180 C or 160 C fan-forced.
- Rinse quinoa.
- Process cauliflower in a food processor until it looks like rice.
- Place quinoa and cauliflower rice into a large saucepan, cover with water. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain over a sieve and press out any excess water with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer to a large bowl and spread out to cool slightly. Add egg, salt and nutritional yeast if using. Mix well and divide between two baking trays lined with paper.
- Spread out to form two firm circles about 1cm thick. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden and the bases are set.
- Remove from oven and top with healthy toppings such as the suggestions above.
- Return to the oven until toppings are cooked to your liking.
Like our facebook page for more interesting recipe ideas.