This delicious steak and mushroom sauce recipe is full of flavour and easy to make! Using basic ingredients it can be whipped up quickly. It’s gluten-free, paleo and can easily be adapted to be dairy-free by using coconut oil instead of butter. We used coconut cream in the sauce but feel free to use thick dairy cream if desired. We used enoki mushrooms but you can use button mushrooms or any kind that you like. Serve with steamed veggies on the side for a healthy dinner. The mushroom sauce makes veggies taste really yummy and easy to eat plenty of them. This is a recipe we’ll be making again! Hope you enjoy it!
Here’s how we did it:
- Season both sides of two porterhouse steaks with sea salt and pepper.
- Add a touch of olive or coconut oil to a pan on medium to high heat.
- Put the steak into the pan, with a sprig each of fresh rosemary and thyme.
- Sear the steak on both sides until cooked to your liking. Remove steak from pan and leave to rest.
- Add a cube of butter or coconut oil, 1-2 handfuls of sliced mushrooms, a few cloves of chopped garlic and a handful of chopped onions to the pan (for the sauce).
- Saute the mixture until browned and add the steak back in.
- Add a cup of organic chicken or vegetable stock and a scoop of coconut cream or dairy cream.
- Stir and cook until melted through and top the steak with the sauce.
- Finish with some chopped fresh parsley on top.
Hope you enjoy it!